- Kundalini is the coiled up, dormant, cosmic power that underlies all organic and
inorganic matter within us.
- Kundala means coiled. Her form is like a coiled serpent.
- Kundalini Yoga deals with the practical methods which will awaken this great pristine
force in individuals.
- Kundalini Yoga is an exact science. It treats of Kundalini Sakti, the six centres of
spiritual energy, Shat-Chakras, the arousing of the sleeping Kundalini Sakti and its union
with Lord Siva in Sahasrara Chakra, at the crown of the head.
- Kundalini Yoga is also known as Laya Yoga.
- The six centres are pierced (Chakra-Bheda) by the passing of Kundalini Sakti to the top
of the head.
- Asanas, Bandhas, Mudras, Pranayama help in awakening Kundalini.
- Neti, Dhauti, Nauli, Bhasti, Kapalabhati and Trataka are the Shat-Kriyas or six Yoga
- Mula-Bandha, Jalandhara-Bandha, Uddiyana-Bandha, Maha-Bandhaare the important
- Maha-Mudra, Yoni-Mudra, Sambhavi-Mudra, Khechari Mudra, Sakti-Chalani Mudra and
Vipareeta-Karani Mudra are the important Mudras.
- Sarvangasana, Sirshasana, Paschimottanasana are the important Asanas.
- Learn the Asanas, Pranayama, Bandhas and Mudras under an expert, Siddha Yogi Guru.
- A Guru is one who has full illumination, who is endowed with all divine virtues, who is
able to remove the doubts of his disciples and guide them in the path of Yoga.
- The Guru transmits his powers to the disciple through Sankalpa (willing), Drishti
(sight), Sakti-Sanchar (touch).
- A Sadhaka should observe perfect discipline in diet. He should take Sattvic food in
moderation. A glutton cannot dream of success in Yoga.
- Do not fast much. It will produce weakness.
- He who has firm faith in the scriptures, who has Sadachara (right conduct), who
constantly engages himself in the service of his Guru, who is free from lust, anger,
delusion, greed, vanity, hatred and egoism can awaken Kundalini, attain perfection and
enter into Samadhi quickly.
- The first step in Kundalini Yoga is the purification of Nadis.
- Kanda is situated between the anus and the root of the reproductive organ. It is like
the shape of an egg. It is the centre of the astral body. The Yoga-Nadis spring from
- Nadis are the astral tubes made up of astral matter. They carry Pranic currents.
- There are 72,000 Nadis. Of these, three are most important. They are Ida, Pingala and
- Kundalini, when awakened will pass through Sushumna Nadi which passes through the spinal
- Sushumna Nadi extends from Muladhara Chakra to Brahmarandra or crown of the head.
- When Sushumna-Nadi flows through both nostrils, you will have wonderful concentration
- You can change the flow of breath in Ida and Pingala Nadis through concentration on the
left and right nostril, through Khechari Mudra, etc.
- When you practise Pranayama vigorously, take butter and sugarcandy. Live on a small
quantity of milk.
- He who has Chitta-suddhi or purity of heart will be benefited by the awakening of
- He who is addicted to sensual pleasures, who is arrogant, proud, dishonest, untruthful,
who disrespects the Guru, Sadhus and Saints can never attain success in Kundalini Yoga.
- Kundalini Sakti passes through the Muladhara, Svadhishthana, Manipura, Anahata,
Vishuddha, Ajna Chakras and finally enters the Sahasrara at the crown of the head.
- The Yogi attains different Siddhis at each Chakra and experiences Ananda or bliss in
- Anima, Mahima, Laghima, Garima, Prapti, Prakamya, Vasitvam, Ishatvam are the major eight
- Doora-Darshana (clairvoyance), Doora-Sravana (clairaudience), Manojaya (control of the
mind), Kamarupa, Parakaya Pravesha, Iccha-Mrityu are the minor Siddhis.
- During the ascent of Kundalini layer after layer of the mind becomes fully opened. The
Yogi experiences various visions, knowledge and bliss.
- When it reaches the Sahasrara, he gets the highest knowledge and bliss. He reaches the
highest rung in the ladder of Yoga. He becomes free in all respects. He is a full-blown
- Eventually the Yogi attains Nirvikalpa Samadhi, the state of superconsciousness. He gets
intuition. Real knowledge flashes in him.
- These are the signs that indicate that Kundalini has been awakenedviz.,
dispassion, fearlessness, joy, ecstasy, peace, unruffled state of mind, Siddhis or powers,
- Kundalini can also be awakened by devotion, strong, pure, irresistible, dynamic will,
the grace of the Guru and recitation of Mantra.
- A Kundalini Yogi attains Bhukti (enjoyment) and Mukti (liberation).
THUS ENDS KUNDALINI YOGA
Kundalini Yoga in Depth