- Sound helps to control the mind easily. When the mind is absorbed in melodious sound, it
does not run after sensual objects.
- Do Japa or Soham with breath (Ajapa Japa). Practise Pranayama for one or two months. You
will hear the ten sounds (Anahata sounds) clearly and enjoy the music of the soul.
- The sound that you hear will make you deaf to all external sounds.
- Sit on Padmasana or Siddhasana or Sukhasana. Close the ears with the thumb. This is
Shanmukhi Mudra or Vaishnavi Mudra.
- Now hear the music of Anahata sounds. You will have wonderful concentration.
- Abandon all worldly thoughts. Subdue your passion. Become indifferent to all sensual
- Practise Yama (self-restraint), or Sadachara (right conduct); concentrate on the sound
which annihilates the mind.
- The first sound is chini, the second is chin-chini, the third is the sound of a bell,
the fourth is like that of a conch.
- The fifth is like that of a lute. The sixth is like that of a cymbal. The seventh is
like that of a flute.
- The eighth is like that of a drum. The ninth is like that of a Mridanga. The tenth is
like that of thunder.
- Hear the sounds through the right ear. Change your concentration from the gross sound to
the subtle. The mind will soon be absorbed in the sound.
- You will get knowledge of hidden things when you hear the seventh.
- You will hear Para-Vak when you hear the eighth sound.
- You will develop the divine eye when you hear the ninth.
- You will attain Para Brahman when you hear the tenth.
- The sound entraps the mind. The mind becomes one with the sound as milk with water.
- It becomes absorbed in Brahman or the Absolute. You will then attain the Seat of Eternal
THUS ENDS NADA YOGA